On the 10th anniversary of "thefacebook", I thought this infographic of last year's Facebook stats was particularly interesting. Some highlights:
2013 Facebook Stats
- 20 billion minutes per day is the collective amount of time spent on Facebook by users world wide in June 2013. That is 8.3 hours per month per user.
- Facebook had 1.19 billion active monthly users by the end of the Q3 last year.
- 67% of all American internet users use Facebook. In the UK it is 82%.
- 83% of all 18-29 year olds use Facebook in the USA.
- 73% of all Internet users in the $75,000 plus salary range use Facebook.
- 4.75 billion items are shared each day on Facebook.
- 40 pages are liked per user.
- 66% of of total social media sharing is from the Facebook iPhone app.
- Top U.S. check-in was Disneyland at Anaheim in California -- and of local interest, Rangers Ballpark is #6 on the list!
- The number one life event reported by Facebook users is “adding a relationship”.